Corporate Legal Assistant(s)
Corporate Legal Assistant(s)
Cartel has an EXCITING opportunity for you! Our Client, a industry-leader, downtown law firm, is seeking MULTIPLE Corporate Legal Assistants to join their busy practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years experience in corporate law and excellent client service and organizational skills.
With low turnover, amazing benefits, a competitive salary, you can be assured that this is a firm that cares for you. Your value and hard-work will not go unnoticed. Apply now, or this RARE chance may be gone before you know it!
- Provide dedicated support to the Corporate team
- Prepare and process correspondence, memoranda and legal documents
- Compose and draft routine cover letters and documents
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar, as well as preparing revisions and blackline documents as directed
- Prepare closing books and index hyperlinking
- Assist lawyers and students with the establishment and maintenance of websites
- Review and route incoming mail and fax communications; prepare and process outgoing mail and faxes; and arrange specialized mail or messenger services, as required
- At the direction of the lawyer, ensure email correspondence is filed to the appropriate client matter
- Manage key dates, including updating calendars for assigned lawyers for their meetings, appointments, due dates and client-related activities, etc
- Coordinate lawyers’ travel arrangements and travel expense reports
- Update contact names and addresses in the firm’s database on a regular basis.
- Coordinate client meetings, including scheduling rooms and arranging for catering or audiovisual equipment
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by lawyer; respond to routine inquiries and requests from clients; take messages as required
- Coordinate docket entry and submission according to the firm’s timelines for docket submission
- Prepare expense reimbursement and disbursement requests.
- Prepare client accounts and coordinate client billing matters with the Accounting Department
- Enter new client and matter opening requests using the firm’s database
- Coordinate and disperse tasks to be performed by various resource groups such as Document Specialists, Billing Specialists, etc., where appropriate, while ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Manage files, including opening new files and maintaining precedent files
- Work with Records to create, maintain and store client files as appropriate
- A community college certificate in a Legal Assistant program or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Legal Assistant role; an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
- A team player.
- A positive attitude and professional image.
- Ability to take initiative, and discretion and good judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to produce documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize daily work effectively.
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org