Our Client is a highly awarded, mid-sized law firm looking for their next best accounting employee! Do you think this could be you? On the market for a Billings Clerk, this firm is seeking a candidate with a minimum of four (4) years accounting experience within a law firm. Your main responsibility will be to work with your colleagues to manage all billing processes, along with other related tasks.
This growing and busy accounting department will keep you on your toes, never leaving you bored. With some of the best professionals in the business, you will find them to be down-to-earth and extremely friendly – making it a pleasure to work in office. You will also be offered a competitive salary and great benefits! Apply now before it’s too late!
- Work closely with legal professionals to manage the manual and e-billing process from beginning to end;
- Review and edit pre-bills based on lawyers’ instructions, client specifications and firm policies and procedures;
- Review and edit accounts for accuracy and compliance with outside counsel guidelines;
- Prepare electronic bills in LEDES (Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard) format and submit to the client e-billing platform;
- Track the status of bills submitted, identify issues and work with colleagues to address invoices failed on submission and deductions as they arise;
- Working closely with lawyers and other firm members to ensure proper submission and revising of budgets on e-billing platforms;
- Manage appeal process including reviewing monthly deduction reports, preparing and submitting appeals to clients and determining write-offs;
- Generate billing client/matter reports as required,
- Submit Online Budgets as required;
- Following up on outstanding WIP and WIP Issues;
- Work with external billing providers to resolve e-billing issues.
- 4-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience in a legal accounting environment is required;
- Extensive experience using, and advanced understanding, of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel), financial software and legal accounting third-party e-billing software such as TyMetrix, Serengeti and Bottomline Technologies;
- Strong analytical skills and have extremely high attention to detail;
- Capable of working very closely with a department, but also capable of working well independently.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and is highly organized;
- Fexible, time-conscious and deadline oriented;
- Ongoing commitment to learning and can adapt to change;
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Executive Search at firstname.lastname@example.org