Salary: Up to $65K
Our Client, an industry-leading, multi-national law firm, is seeking a Trust Office to join their Toronto office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a law firm environment. As a Trust Officer you will be responsible for processing, reviewing and initiating trust transactions, along with other general duties.
The firm has a dynamic team of professionals, who are supportive and friendly, making it easy to build your knowledge and enjoy your time in-office. They also offer a hybrid-remote work model, giving you the best of both worlds! If you have the experience and are looking to move to a firm that is worth your value, apply now!
- Initiate banking transactions of trust funds through online portals.
- Reviewing all trust instructions for compliance with Firm policies.
- Processing (recording) trust transactions in ELITE 3E.
- Preparing bank deposits, wire instructions to banks and trust cheques.
- Ad hoc analyses and reporting on trust activity.
- Reviewing and filing of trust instruction documentation and escrow agreements.
- Placing and liquidating investments of clients’ trust funds, as instructed.
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting or Business.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience, in a legal environment
- Previous law firm trust role, an asset.
- Detail oriented with good communication & organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ELITE 3E and online cash management banking software, an asset.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly EXCEL.
- Knowledge of provincial law societies’ trust rules and regulations, an asset.
To apply, please forward your resume to: Zaheeda Merali -Manager Executive Search at email@example.com