Tax Law Clerk (Contract)
This new year embark on a journey to transform your professional life with this new opportunity. If you have a corporate background and are familiar with corporate transactions, we have the perfect job for you!
Our client, an internationally acclaimed law firm known for its exceptional client experience, is recruiting for a law clerk. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with tax related transactions, preparing corporate reorganization documents, reporting letters, record books, updating minute books and so on. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong organization skills, the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, have incredible communication skills and a keen eye for details.
What you’ll enjoy:
- Work with industry leaders and grow professionally!
- A competitive salary with incredible benefits!
- Opportunities to give back to the community! Location: Toronto As a tax law clerk, your responsibilities include:
- Preparing corporate reorganization documents; including, agreements, resolutions and all other necessary documentation to implement corporate reorganizations
- Assisting with tax driven transactions including section 85 rollover agreements, section 51 and section 86 exchange agreements, and the preparation of closing agendas in respect of transactions and all necessary documentation
- Assisting with other general corporate matters, such as incorporation and organization of corporations under the Canada Business Corporations Act and the Ontario Business Corporations Act, all types of dividend resolutions, annual maintenance resolutions, share redemptions, share transfers, changes to directors and officers, general and limited partnership registrations, business name registrations and extra provincial registrations
- Preparing reporting letters and record books upon closing
- Processing corporate documents utilizing Cyberbahn
- Updating Minute Books and corporate database
- Assisting with Business Number and Program Accounts registrations with Canada Revenue Agency and provincial tax registrations
- Producing the highest quality of work
- Accountable for all work assigned
Skills and qualifications required for the job
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience gained as a Corporate or Tax Law Clerk
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Membership in good standing with Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
- Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours when required and/or necessary
- Microsoft 365 suite of applications
- Knowledge of a corporate database and experience with CorpLink considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to problem solve
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
To apply, please forward your resume to
Manager –Law Clerk Division