Start a new page in your career by working for one of the MOST respected law firms in Canada. Our client, an international law firm, known for its innovative client-focused service, is currently seeking a system analyst to join their group of professionals.
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining and monitoring physical servers and virtual environments, managing access to infrastructure hardware as well as providing technical support and training to staff.
The successful candidate will be possess the ability to handle confidential information, use good judgment, demonstrate strong planning and analytical skills along with strong verbal and written skills.
As a System Analyst, your responsibilities include:
· Deploy, maintain, and monitor virtual and physical Servers, NetApp Storage, and VMware Virtual Environments that are distributed within Gowling WLG Canada in conjunction with service providers.
· Manage access to Servers, Storage, and Infrastructure Hardware.
· Maintain complete, up-to-date records on everything related to the Storage and Virtual solutions (installations, changes, DRP, inventory).
· Deliver and maintain high-quality operational services in collaboration with the Infrastructure Operations team.
· Provide 3rd level user support on a priority basis, including Service Desk and technical support services.
· Solid understanding and support of VMware virtualization, Storage best practises, Wide Area Networks (WAN), and Local Area Networks (LAN).
· Execute the network firewall process and intermediate zone security (DMZ, B2B, etc.) as well as other perimeter security processes and procedures.
· Provide IT training to Canadian IT staff on new and existing solutions.
· Participate in an On-Call rotation for 24/7 infrastructure support.
Salary: up to $80K
Location: Hybrid – work from home/office
What you’ll bring
· University degree in information technology or diploma of collegial studies in computer science/networking or relevant experience.
· 5+ years’ experience as a server/storage/virtualization technician and 2 to 5 years’ experience in networking and support.
· Excellent knowledge of the various storage and server systems such as Netapp storage, Cisco Server hardware, and VMware virtual environments.
· Knowledge of legal industry and technology, an asset.
· Flexibility to provide after hours support is required. Travel to other offices is a possibility.
· Possess confidence, courage and enthusiasm to drive business change.
· VMware / Storage / Cisco certifications an asset.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search