Senior Civil/Commercial Legal Assistant
Senior Civil/Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
Salary: Up to $75K
With over 20 years of success in the legal industry, Our Client, a distinguishable boutique law firm, is looking to expand their team with a Senior Legal Assistant. Your responsibilities would include preparing and editing legal documents, managing client files, scheduling, and other general duties.
With low turnover and a strong value for loyalty, this firm can provide you with the stability you want. The working environment is very friendly, with a great office space in downtown Toronto. They offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, perks, and more! Apply now.
- Preparing standard litigation documents, first drafts of various pleadings, orders and other court documents;
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents;
- Ensuring all hard copy and electronic filing is organized and up to date;
- Collating and binding briefs;
- Maintaining organized client files;
- Carrying out correspondence and communication with internal and external clients and law firms;
- Scheduling of examinations for discovery;
- Assist with billing;
- Practice management including appointment scheduling and arranging conference calls;
- Apply proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence;
- Calendar management, keeping lawyers/clerks apprised of matters/deadlines;
- Carrying out other general administrative tasks and back-up support as required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ litigation experience in a law firm;
- Legal assistant diploma/certificate;
- Knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure;
- A team player attitude with sound judgment;
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision;
- Attention to detail is key, supported by good proofreading skills.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 35 years of experience, Cartel is considered one of Toronto’s leading employment agencies servicing the legal community. Our clients are among the most distinguished law firms and our success lies in our applicants and their desire for the perfect career match. There is no fee to register with Cartel for any employment opportunity.