Plaintiff Personal Injury AND Malpractice Legal Assistant – Hybrid Remote
This role is open to Legal Assistants with Plaintiff Personal Injury Law experience. If you do not currently have Personal Injury Law experience, please do not apply to this job posting – rather reach out directly at Sabrina@Cartelinc.com to discuss practice options.
With over 35 years of experience, Cartel is considered one of Toronto’s leading employment agencies servicing the legal community. Our clients are among the most distinguished law firms and our success lies in our applicants and their desire for the perfect career match. There is no fee to register with Cartel for any employment opportunity.
We listen. We’re honest. Just ask your friends. They’ll tell you. Cartel. Give us a call; we really do make the difference.
Plaintiff Personal Injury/Malpractice Legal Assistant – Hybrid Remote
Our Client, an industry LEADER and highly reputable firm, is seeking a highly organized and motivated Legal Assistant to join their expanding firm.
Dedicated to HELPING others, the firm’s company culture is based on teamwork and MUTUAL RESPECT, allowing you to feel supported.
As a Legal Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- opening and closing legal files,
- proofreading and drafting,
- and other legal administrative duties.
HIGH salary, comprehensive benefits, perks and more are all offered.
This is an amazing opportunity you don’t want to miss – apply now!
- 2+ years of experience in plaintiff personal injury and/or medical malpractice;
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk diploma
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills;
- Flexible and dependable with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Professional and team-oriented with strong interpersonal and client service skills;
- Preparation and editing of correspondence and legal documents;
- Act as liaison between clients and clerks/lawyers;
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling, and travel arrangements;
- Review documentation and claims from new files;
- Organize and request productions and medical documentation from clients;
- Assist with authorizations, undertakings, discoveries and productions;
- Opening and closing files;
- Maintaining daily contact with clients;
- Other duties as required.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartel values diversity in their work place and it is the policy of the client to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.