Personal Injury Legal Assistant
We have what you want! Looking to turn you legal assistant experience to a clerk role? Our Client, a mid-sized firm, located in the West End is seeking a Personal Injury Legal Assistant/Clerk to join their office. This firm is dedicated to caring for their employees and creating a space that ensures your well-being and comfort. They also offer a four-day work week, great benefits & perks, and a competitive salary. As a Legal Assistant, you’ll be required to manage and organize files through the legal process and be given the opportunity to train as a Law Clerk. If you’re ready to take on more responsibilities and transition into a clerk role, this is the perfect chance. Apply now!
- Law Clerk diploma from a recognized community college or an Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario certificate (preferred but not necessary)
- 3+ years experience in Personal Injury Tort
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions
- Positive and team player disposition.
- Managing files through the legal process including organizing initial intake documents, preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings and co-ordinating appointments
- Requesting medical, employment and other records
- Preparing pleadings, file summaries, affidavit of documents, mediation and pre-trial memos, motions, settlement and trial briefs
- Scheduling examinations for discovery and arranging document production and undertakings follow-up
- Corresponding with defence counsel
- Arranging medical legal examinations, hearings and court proceedings as required
- Trial Preparation including preparing summons to witness, Notice of Intent and document briefs
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org