Our Client, a trusted and successful law firm, is looking for a Paralegal to join their team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience as an Accident Benefits Paralegal, preferably in a law firm setting. You will be working with a group of friendly and down-to-earth people, making the busy work flow easier. The firm also offers great benefits, such as extended health care and dental care, perks, such as bonus pay, and a competitive salary. Join a firm that values you – apply now!
Salary: Up to $60K
- Manage a caseload of accident benefits claims from start to finish, ensuring all deadlines and requirements are met.
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients’ accident benefits entitlements and provide accurate advice on their rights and options.
- Prepare and submit accident benefits applications, forms, and supporting documentation to insurance companies.
- Liaise with insurance adjusters, medical professionals, and other relevant parties to gather necessary information for claims.
- Review medical records, accident reports, and other documents to build a strong case for accident benefits entitlement.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to obtain fair settlements for clients, including income replacement benefits, medical and rehabilitation benefits, attendant care benefits, and other accident benefits.
- Prepare legal arguments, submissions, and documentation for accident benefits mediations, arbitrations, and hearings.
- Keep clients informed about the progress of their claims, providing updates and answering any questions or concerns.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all case-related activities, communications, and expenses.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in accident benefits legislation and case law to ensure effective representation of clients.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Accident Benefits Paralegal, preferably in a personal injury law firm or similar setting.
- Completion of a recognized Paralegal program and licensed by the Law Society of Ontario.
- Solid knowledge of accident benefits legislation, regulations, and industry practices.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing accident benefits claims and obtaining favorable outcomes for clients.
- Strong negotiation and advocacy skills to effectively represent clients’ interests.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple cases and deadlines simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in preparing legal documents and forms.
- Proficient in using legal software and technology relevant to accident benefits practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex legal concepts to clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients, medical professionals, and insurance representatives.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org