Litigation Legal Assistant(s)
Litigation Legal Assistant(s)
Our Client, a dynamic and fast-paced law firm, is seeking two Litigation Legal Assistants to join their downtown Toronto office. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work with some of the top legal professionals, in a supportive environment – a recipe for professional growth and success. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years’ litigation experience and strong critical and communication skills. If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, then this is the one for you! Apply now. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Provide dedicated support to the Litigation team
- Prepare and process correspondence, memoranda and legal documents
- Compose and draft routine cover letters and documents
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar, as well as preparing revisions and blackline documents as directed
- Prepare closing books and index hyperlinking
- Assist lawyers and students with the establishment and maintenance of websites
- Review and route incoming mail and fax communications; prepare and process outgoing mail and faxes; and arrange specialized mail or messenger services, as required
- At the direction of the lawyer, ensure email correspondence is filed to the appropriate client matter
- Manage key dates, including updating calendars for assigned lawyers for their meetings, appointments, due dates and client-related activities, etc
- Coordinate lawyers’ travel arrangements and travel expense reports
- Update contact names and addresses in the firm’s database on a regular basis.
- Coordinate client meetings, including scheduling rooms and arranging for catering or audiovisual equipment
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by lawyer; respond to routine inquiries and requests from clients; take messages as required
- Coordinate docket entry and submission according to the firm’s timelines for docket submission
- Prepare expense reimbursement and disbursement requests.
- Prepare client accounts and coordinate client billing matters with the Accounting Department
- Enter new client and matter opening requests using the firm’s database
- Coordinate and disperse tasks to be performed by various resource groups such as Document Specialists, Billing Specialists, etc., where appropriate, while ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Manage files, including opening new files and maintaining precedent files
- Work with Records to create, maintain and store client files as appropriate
- A community college certificate in a Legal Assistant program or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Legal Assistant role; an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
- A team player.
- A positive attitude and professional image.
- Ability to take initiative, and discretion and good judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to produce documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize daily work effectively.
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org