Litigation Law Clerk
Litigation Law Clerk
Are you looking to take your legal expertise somewhere new? Well look no further! Our Client, a longstanding, reputable law firm is looking for a Litigation Law Clerk to join their Toronto office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ relevant experience with working knowledge of e-discovery. This firm encourages your autonomy but still has a company culture that is motivating and friendly. Ensuring you feel valued, the firm includes great benefits such as extended healthcare RRSP, and education allowance, along with other perks, and a competitive salary. Start off the summer season right and apply now!
- Perform law clerk responsibilities from file opening to closing, with a focus on e-discovery
- Assist with the management of evidence including the identification, preservation and collection of documents, and managing the review, production and presentation of evidence
- Summarize discovery transcripts and preparing lists of undertakings and refusals and management of answers
- Assist with the preparation of project plans and budgets
- Assist with the drafting of costs outlines and bill of costs
- Assist with the preparation of hearings including examinations for discovery, mediations, arbitrations, motions, etc.
- Assist with trial preparation including, organizing and preparing trial exhibits, trial notebooks and binders, scheduling, coordinating and communicating with clients, experts and fact witnesses
- Engage in correspondence with legal team and clients, interfacing with legal teams and clients directly
- Draft legal documents, as necessary, which may include pleadings, pre-trial conference memos, mediation briefs, motion records, affidavits, etc.
- 3- 5 years experience working as a law clerk or e-discovery practitioner in a law firm
- Law Clerk certification from an accredited institute or commensurate experience
- Computer literate with working knowledge of legal software and standard software
- Some experience with large document management matters in an electronic format
- Some knowledge of e-discovery best practices, procedures, and technology
- Some experience with e-discovery databases such as Ipro Eclipse or Relativity would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Works well both independently an within a team
To apply, please forward your resume to: Zaheeda Merali Manager – Law Clerk Search at firstname.lastname@example.org