Legal Assistant (Commercial Litigation)
Legal Assistant – Commercial Litigation
Are you a dedicated, hard-working, and responsible legal professional with experience in commercial litigation? If yes, we have the perfect job for you! Our client, one of the top Ontario Regional Law firms located in downtown, is recruiting for a commercial litigation assistant. The incumbent will work directly with one of the employment/construction lawyers and assist in managing a busy practice in a remote capacity. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, have a solid customer service approach, have incredible communication skills and a keen eye for details.
What you will enjoy:
- Working with partners who are industry experts
- The opportunity to be part of a supportive and positive work milieu.
- Work from home
- 4 weeks’ vacation.
- Incredible benefits!
Salary: up to 70k
As a legal assistant, your responsibilities include:
- Preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- Preparing court documents, booking court appointments, examinations and client meetings.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up as required.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing files; maintaining precedent systems as may be required within the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
- Maintaining and organizing files in a timely manner both electronic and hard copy as required.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms and making travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications required for the job
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated work experience within the areas of construction litigation, employment litigation and general corporate-commercial litigation;
- Experience in managing a litigation practice;
- Being flexible, time conscious, deadline-oriented and able to prioritize;
- Being resourceful, including good problem-solving skills;
- Being a professional individual who works well under pressure;
- Ability to function easily in a customized MS Word and DMS environment.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Manager – Legal Support