Intermediate Insurance Defence Litigation Assistant
Intermediate Litigation Assistant
Outgoing. Organized. Professional. Does this sound like you? Then we have a firm looking for you! Our Client, is a BUSY and growing firms seeking an Intermediate Litigation Assistant to join their team. In this role you will be working with two friendly lawyers, assisting them with their Insurance Defence Litigation practice. Dealing with varying case files, you will gain new knowledge and skills that will last you a life time! With a collaborative and supportive company culture, you’ll fit right in! Apply now.
Salary Up to 68k
- Assist in managing busy insurance litigation practices
- Liaise with clients and opposing counsel in a professional manner and with diplomacy;
- Assembly of pleadings, affidavits, motion records, motion confirmation forms, facta and books of authorities, etc.
- Scheduling of examinations for discovery, mediations, pre-trials, court-mandated conferences, etc.
- Arranging service and filing of court materials;
- Coordinating with court offices regarding trial and motions bookings and related court document filings;
- Drafting cover/service letters and coordinating delivery of documents
- Knowledge of Accident Benefits and LAT mediation/arbitration procedures;
- Providing basic administrative tasks (including typing, editing, formatting, proofreading, filing, printing, saving of documents, photocopying, faxing, handling incoming and outgoing mail, maintenance of contacts and calendar, entering dockets, coordination of meetings, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience as an insurance defence assistant
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and court practice and procedures at various levels;
- Solid typing and computer skills: proficiency in a suite of applications including but not limited to: MS Word; MS Outlook, PC Law, Windows
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, including spelling and grammar
- Confident, service-focused individual who is cheerful, helpful, friendly, pleasant yet, diplomatic
- Ability to prioritize, adjusts to changing priorities, and successfully completes numerous short and long-term assignments simultaneously in a team environment
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of management, while being a team player.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com