Insurance Defense Legal Assistant – Hybrid Remote
With over 35 years of experience, Cartel is considered one of Toronto’s leading employment agencies servicing the legal community. Our clients are among the most distinguished law firms and our success lies in our applicants and their desire for the perfect career match. There is no fee to register with Cartel for any employment opportunity.
Insurance Defence Legal Assistant – Hybrid Remote
We have an opportunity with one Ontario’s top regional law firms! of Our Client, a dynamic and busy law firm, is currently in the market for an Insurance Defence (Tort/AB) Legal Assistant. The role calls for a junior to intermediate candidate with experience in A/B and Tort and a willingness to learn.
This job will help enhance your legal skills and assist you in becoming the best at what you do. With the firm offering great benefits, a connected company culture, and other great perks, you’ll want to apply before it’s too late!
Highest Salary on Bay St.
- Drafting correspondence
- Notices of examination, statements of claim
- Reviewing medical documentation
- Trial preparation
- Interviewing witnesses and medical experts
- Managing projects starting from the opening of files to closing their closing
- Dealing with authorizations, undertakings, discoveries and productions
- Maintaining daily contact with clients
- Other general duties as required
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience in the area of A/B and Tort;
- Experience managing a busy litigation practice;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Resourceful, including good problem-solving skills;
- Function easily in a customized MS Word and DMS environment; and
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision, but appreciate the benefits of being part of a team;
- Flexible, time conscious, deadline-oriented and able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org