In House Legal Counsel
Searching for a lawyer from a Top 10 law firm in Canada.
We are searching for a Canadian lawyer for a company based out of Barbados, Bermuda and Ontario. They are a well-funded group with directors employed with some of the largest financial services companies and banks in Canada. The Company is currently purchasing insurance companies in Canada. The role is based in Ontario, but is remote.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for in-house legal matters including drafting agreements, addressing compliance issues, and participating in negotiation discussions. In order to succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working with in-house and outside counsels on a variety of legal matters.
- Provide legal support to the various internal departments
- Work with other in-house counsels and outside counsels, as required
- Negotiate and draft complex transactional agreements
- Taking preemptive measures to avoid legal risks and conflicts
- J.D. qualified to practice law
- 3+ years’ legal work experience
- Admission to any Canadian Bar