We have A RARE opportunity with a top-tier, multi-national firm! Are you ready to seize it? Our Client, one of Canada’s highly ranked and well-known firms, is seeking an HR Coordinator to join their team of amazing professionals. Your role as HR Coordinator will give you the chance to prove your expertise through a multitude of HR Administration tasks such as, administering mentorship programs, maintaining employee relations, and managing resource allocation. This big-name firm has experience in caring for their employees and offering the best of the best – from benefits to perks, to a competitive salary that matches your potential! Apply now!
- Developing relationships and understanding business and practice-specific needs, through engagement and communication with legal assistant and lawyers.
- Acting as the first point of contact for legal assistants regarding employee relations/conflict resolution issues and share arrangements and escalating to the HR Manager, as needed.
- Managing vacation schedules for the legal support group.
- Preparing the daily/weekly coverage arrangements and overflow requirements by allocating legal support resources, monitoring workload/workflow of legal assistants and preparing weekly assistant resource schedules.
- Preparing weekly system access reports for legal resource support and communicating with other departments for set up.
- Assisting with coordination of the annual performance evaluation process.
- Identifying and participating in the recruitment needs of the legal support group.
- Identifying and coordinating individual training needs and performance development.
- Administering the Legal Assistant mentoring program.
- Participating in various national initiatives, as required.
- Certificate in a Human Resources program at a post-secondary institution is required.
- 2-3 years of direct experience working in an HR role, with experience in supporting recruitment activities.
- Prior experience in a legal assistant role is an asset
- Previous experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship management skills, including confidence and professionalism in dealing with firm members at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Superior judgment and discretion, partnered with the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team yet comfortable working independently with minimal to moderate supervision on a daily basis.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
To apply, please forward your resume to: Zaheeda Merali -Manager Executive Search at email@example.com