Do you have a passion for numbers? Looking to put your leadership skills into play? Then you’ll want to continue reading! Our Client, a mid-sized, well-known law firm in Toronto, is currently set to hire a Finance Manager. You will be responsible for overseeing accounting staff and handling operational processes and accounting procedures. With this firm you will be offered a comfortable and safe environment, allowing you to develop your supervisory experience to reach your best potential! The firm ensures that the experience and value you bring to the table are recognized and appreciated with a competitive salary, amazing benefits package, and more! Don’t let this rare chance slip from your hands… apply now!
- Oversees and supports accounting staff, helping to resolve any issues and ensuring all accounting procedures are kept.
- Ensures trust and general bank reconciliations are up-to-date; following up on any variances and ensuring they are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for month-end close – journal entries, processes and balancing.
- Process wire transfers and records payments as required.
- Updated/generates various reports as required (daily statistics, monthly/annual reports, audit query support).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of Accounting experience in the legal industry, with a minimum of 2-3 years in a supervisory role.
- Completion of recognized accounting degree/designation program.
- Experience in A/P, A/R, Reconciliations, Billing, Trust and General Accounting and Bank Deposits.
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, trust, laws and regulations, and reporting requirements.
- High degree of accuracy, extremely detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience providing guidance, mentoring and/or managing employees.
- Organizational and time management skills are essential; excellent at managing multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Strong technical skills, and proficient in Microsoft Office 2013 and Document Management systems.
- Experience with Thompson Reuters Elite 3E is a huge asset
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search