Family Law Clerk
Family Law Clerk
We have a new opportunity that will have you running to apply! Our Client, a well-known and established boutique law firm is seeking a Family Law Clerk who can hit the ground running. The team is an amazing group of professionals who are supportive, friendly, and make for a fun working environment. This firm is rooting for your success, providing chances for professional and educational advancement. Your role will be to provide litigation support, manage client correspondence and handle other administrative and legal duties. Work-life balance, hybrid work model, RRSP, competitive salary, and much more is offered! Work somewhere where you will be valued – apply now!
- Works as part of the family group support team to ensure that all client work is done in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Organizes and expedites the flow of work and is expected to initiate follow-up queries with the various lawyers being supported
- Completes all work required to complete the tasks which may include drafting letters, arranging for couriers, saving documents etc.
- Completes DivorceMate forms and, where required, calculations
- Knowledgeable about client documentation, initiates organization and management of files; and completes basic skeleton drafts of documents including basic information on applications
- Diarizes and notes court/litigation deadlines and limitation periods for all persons working on the file
- Attends with clients to take instruction, obtain information and prepare reports on meetings/status
- Conducts basic searches in the land registry database (Onland)
- Saving invoices from third party providers like process servers as well as for various searches in TM and posting the invoice in PCLaw as well as ensuring invoice is passed on to accounting for payment
- Assists clients in preparation of financial statements and arranging call or meeting with clerk/lawyer when required
- Manages Family Law Precedents
- In particular to financial disclosure;
- gathers all documentation from client keeping a chart of what was requested and what has been received to date;
- follow up in keeping with deadlines for disclosure.
- assisting client with any questions regarding disclosure, and in assembly and delivery of disclosure to us
- managing redacting (separations and divorce)
- putting together index and brief of disclosure (electronically, and a physical copy if required).
- sending disclosure to the other side (including cover letter and courier [if required])
- cross-checking and follow up with the other side’s disclosure.
- updating disclosure where required.
- Other duties as required
- 4+ years of experience as a Family Law Clerk
- Excellent time-management, organizational, record-keeping skills and abilities to coordinate and prioritize.
- Ability to take direction and also to provide input on ongoing systems and work flow processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to hold strict confidence
- Good knowledge of Family law and the Rules
- Good knowledge of legal terminology and legal processes
- Exceptional computer skills [Word, Excel, Outlook, PCLaw, Time Matters, Onland, Divorcemate, Caselines (or any other programs developed by the Court for electronic submissions), and hyperlinking of cases and documents.
- English language (written and oral) skills
- Ability to work successfully in a service-oriented, professional environment.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager –Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org