Family Law Clerk
Family Law Clerk
Do you want a chance to thrive in your specialty? Here’s your chance! Our Client is looking for a dedicated Family Law Clerk with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience. Your hard-work and commitment will not go unnoticed. The team at this firm is friendly and supportive, ensuring you feel valued. They offer a competitive salary, benefits, perks and more! Apply now
- Works as part of the family group support team to ensure that all client work is done in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Organizes and expedites the flow of work and is expected to initiate follow-up queries with the various lawyers being supported
- Completes all work required to complete the tasks which may include drafting letters, arranging for couriers, saving documents etc.
- Completes DivorceMate forms and, where required, calculations
- Knowledgeable about client documentation, initiates organization and management of files; and completes basic skeleton drafts of documents including basic information on applications
- Diarizes and notes court/litigation deadlines and limitation periods for all persons working on the file
- Attends with clients to take instruction, obtain information and prepare reports on meetings/status
- Conducts basic searches in the land registry database (Onland)
- Saving invoices from third party providers like process servers as well as for various searches in TM and posting the invoice in PCLaw as well as ensuring invoice is passed on to accounting for payment
- Assists clients in preparation of financial statements and arranging call or meeting with clerk/lawyer when required
- Manages Family Law Precedents
- Manage all aspects of financial disclosure, including; documentation, follow-up with deadlines, assist clients with inquiries, redacting, index and briefs, follow-up and updating disclosure information
- Other duties as required
- 4+ years of experience as a Family Law Clerk
- Excellent time-management, organizational, record-keeping skills and abilities to coordinate and prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to hold maintain confidentiality
- Good knowledge of Family Law and the Rules
- Good knowledge of legal terminology and legal processes
- Exceptional computer skills [Word, Excel, Outlook, PCLaw, Time Matters, Onland, Divorcemate, Caselines (or any other programs developed by the Court for electronic submissions), and hyperlinking of cases and documents.
- English language (written and oral) skills
- Ability to work successfully in a service-oriented, professional environment.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at email@example.com