Document Specialist (Day & Evening)
Our Client, one of Canada’s renowned business law firms, is seeking an experienced and dedicated Document Specialist to join their document production team. The firm offers a great environment, flexibility, a competitive salary, benefits, and more! As a Document Specialist, you would be responsible for dealing with correspondence, documents, and assisting lawyers, law clerks and other professionals as required. They are looking for an individual who demonstrates exceptional communication and technological skills as well as the ability to work under minimal supervision or in a team. If this sounds like you, seize the chance and APPLY NOW!
- Drafting and preparing correspondence for professionals using precedents.
- Correcting/Formatting corrupted documents
- Troubleshooting technical issues with documents.
- Revising documents as per professionals’ mark-ups.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Converting documents from various versions to Word using styles and cross-references.
- Scanning closing book documents to PDF and creating electronic version.
- Printing and sorting documents.
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Providing support to lawyers, articling students, law clerks and staff as required and requested
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- 3+ years as a legal assistant/document specialist in any area of law
- Proficient in MS Office 365.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Professional, iPro, FileMaker Pro, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as above average attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to work well with all types of personalities and levels of responsibility.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
How to Apply:
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager – Legal Support at firstname.lastname@example.org