Corporate Legal Assistant
Corporate Legal Assistant
Are you ready to spring into a new job? Our Client, a high quality, successful law firm, is looking for a Corporate Legal Assistant with a minimum of three years experience, who can hit the ground running! Although fast-paced, the work environment is supportive and down-to-earth, fostering success and growth. You would be responsible for providing legal support to two very busy but friendly Partners of the firm – a great opportunity for professional development. They also offer a competitive salary, amazing benefits, perks and more! Apply now.
Salary: Up to $68K
- Prepare and process correspondence, memoranda and legal documents according to the firm’s standards.
- Compose and draft routine cover letters and documents.
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar, as well as preparing revisions and blackline documents as directed.
- Prepare closing books and index hyperlinking.
- Assist lawyers and students with the establishment and maintenance of websites (Deal Room/ShareFile) for the purpose of facilitating legal transactions for the firm.
- Review and route incoming mail and fax communications; prepare and process outgoing mail and faxes; and arrange specialized mail or messenger services, as required.
- At the direction of the lawyer, ensure email correspondence is filed to the appropriate client matter.
- Manage key dates, including updating calendars for assigned lawyers for their meetings, appointments, due dates and client-related activities, etc.
- Coordinate lawyers’ travel arrangements and travel expense .
- Update contact names and addresses in the firm’s InterAction database on a regular basis.
- Coordinate client meetings
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by lawyer; respond to routine inquiries and requests from clients; take messages as required.
- Coordinate docket entry and submission according to the firm’s timelines for docket submission.
- Prepare expense reimbursement and disbursement requests.
- Prepare client accounts and coordinate client billing matters with the Accounting Department.
- Work with the lawyer to enter new client and matter opening requests using the firm’s database.
- Coordinate and disperse tasks to be performed by various resource groups
- Manage files, including opening new files and maintaining precedent files.
- Work with Records to create, maintain and store client files as appropriate.
- A community college certificate in a Legal Assistant program or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Legal Assistant role.
- A team player.
- A positive attitude and professional image.
- A high level of professionalism, the ability to take initiative, and discretion and good judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to produce documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize daily work effectively.
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org