Corporate Law Clerk – West End
Friendly, down-to-earth, and the best place to call home!
Our client, a boutique firm based in Etobicoke-Mississauga, is hiring a Corporate Law Clerk. With your own office and free parking, this could be the opportunity of a lifetime!
This clerk would be responsible for accurate and efficient processing of corporate documents and conducts high level, transactional work to ensure the firm and clients comply with all legal regulations.
- Draft and review corporate documents as they relate to incorporations/organization of corporations, amalgamations, revivals, amendments, dissolutions, continuances, officer certificates, notarial certificates, officer certificates, annual resolutions, etc.
- Review of accountant or lawyer planning memos with respect to tax related corporate reorganizations, preparation of document checklist and draft documentation to effect proposed plan
- Review of purchase agreements and preparation of closing agenda and appropriate closing documentation required to complete share and asset purchase and transactions, and corporate finance transactions
- Review of corporate minute books, preparing a summary of deficiencies and documentation to rectify deficiencies
- Conduct corporate searches and analyze/summarize search results.
What you offer:
- Law Clerk Diploma from accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience working within the Corporate Department in a law firm
- Extensive transactional experience
- Knowledge of corporate statutes and regulations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, following instructions with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work within time sensitive deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Experience using OnCorp and Cyberbahn
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Calendar) • Experience using a document management system and corporate database
For more information, please contact: