Corporate Law Clerk
Corporate Law Clerk
Our Client, a well-establish, national law firm, is expanding their practice and are seeking a Corporate Law Clerk to join their brand-new Toronto office. This is the perfect opportunity to build from the ground up with a recognized firm and put your mark on something amazing! They value innovation and collaboration, creating an environment where your ideas and work will be appreciated. As part of the Corporate Services department, you will manage corporate files, draft corporate legal documents, and handle correspondence, along with other general duties. In turn they offer a competitive salary, benefits, perks, a hybrid work option and more! Don’t miss out on this RARE chance to work with this outstanding firm – apply now!
Salary: Up to $90K
- Update and maintain corporate minute books, files, and online database.
- Draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments and other reorganizations and registrations.
- Draft resolutions, including annual resolutions and changes to directors, officers, and registered office address, and other corporate maintenance.
- Prepare and complete filings either online or with the ministry, as required.
- Prepare transactional documents relating to share transactions.
- Registration and maintenance of extra-provincial registrations. Assist with basic reorganizations and other tax planning.
- Complete minute book reviews and identify and correct deficiencies.
- Prepare internal and external communication.
- Provide our clients with the highest standard of service.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3-7 years in a corporate services role or as a corporate law clerk
- Legal assistant certificate or diploma is preferred
- Experience with a corporate database and a document management system.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent reading comprehension, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Team player
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at email@example.com