Corporate Law Clerk
CORPORATE LAW CLERK
Reports to: Corporate Services department.
Are you ready to elevate your career? Are you ready to be taken seriously? Our client, is looking to hire a corporate law clerk with at least 5 years of hands-on, clerking work experience. This lawyer, a recognized Partner in the business group, has so much to offer the right person. It’s not everyday such an opportunity comes across your career. Take your career to the next level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist lawyers with corporate transactions and secured financings;
• Conduct minute book reviews and provide detailed comments and instructions regarding deficiencies and proposed rectification;
• Prepare and organize corporate documents, including issuing shares; changes to corporate records such as registered office and changes of directors, officers and shareholders and supporting and ancillary documents;
• Review transaction memos and draft documents from lawyers and accountants and based upon such review, assist in preparing, drafting and/or revising of a checklist of closing documents using precedents;
• Arrange for corporate filings such as corporate articles (incorporation, amendment and continuance) and registrations under the Business Names Act such as corporate styles, partnerships and limited partnerships and under the Corporations Information Act including registration of extra-provincial corporations;
• Draft and file Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Amendment, Articles of Amalgamation, etc. for companies incorporated and to be incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act (Ontario) and Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
• Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team including a variety of routine legal and administrative duties;
• Update and manage minute books and corporate database; and
• Work on projects and other duties as required.
• Graduate of a Law Clerk Program with a minimum of 5 years’ corporate and transactional work experience;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Advanced knowledge of CorpLink;
• Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage;
• Knowledge of legal procedures and have the ability to understand fundamental instructions and take the next steps;
• Takes initiative and has the ability to use good judgment;
• Excellent organizational skills, able to meet competing deadlines and ensure appropriate response times;
• A keen problem solver with a solutions-driven mindset, and a strong attention to detail;
• Dedicated to providing awesome service with the ability to manage multiple internal and external clients and be adaptable to the needs of each; and
• Strong communication skills help to build relationships and provide excellent client service.
All interested candidates, please forward your resume in Confidence to: