Corporate Clerk – Securities
ABOUT THE JOB
Corporate Clerk – Securities
Strive for eminence in your career by working for a mid-size business law firm renowned for its entrepreneurial culture! Our client, a prominent Canadian business law firm, is seeking a securities law clerk for their team.
If you are a highly organized and dedicated individual with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, along with a keen eye for details, this is the job for you! With a competitive salary, flexible and friendly work environment as well as immense professionalism, this rare opportunity is not to be missed! APPLY NOW and set the foundation for your glorious career!
Location: Downtown, Toronto
· Preparing all public company filings on SEDAR, SEDI, NRD / Registrations (applications and renewals), including advising on filing fee requirements.
· Drafting applicable documentation with respect to initial public offerings and short form prospectus offerings.
· Conducting searches of public company information on SEDAR and EDGAR.
· Drafting continuous disclosure documents (i.e., news releases, material change reports).
· Updating and maintaining minute book information and filings for the reporting companies and the private subsidiaries.
· Providing assistance in support of all aspects of clients’ securities registrations and NRD filings, including preparing/reviewing and filing new individual and firm applications (and monitoring/managing the regulatory review of same), notes of change and terminations of individual registrations and managing annual filings.
· Preparing and yearly maintaining all filings required to support our clients who rely on an international or other exemption from the dealer, adviser or investment fund and managing registration requirements.
· Maintaining the firm’s reminder system regarding annual meetings for public company clients.
· Assisting in the drafting of applications to regulators for exemptive relief.
· Drafting annual and special meeting materials including proxy materials, scripts, minutes, etc.
· Liaising with clients, accountants, lawyers and regulators to take instruction and obtain information and reporting on status of matters.
· Preparing and filing articles and corporate documentation relating to simple/complex incorporations, organizations, amendments, continuances to/from other jurisdictions, short and long form amalgamations, dissolutions governed by the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and the Corporations Act (Ontario).
· Preparing routine minute book documentation (i.e. annual meeting materials, changes in directors/officers/registered office, dividends, share provisions, etc.) and making necessary filings.
· Preparing and filing business name, partnership and limited partnership registrations as required by provincial legislation.
· Preparing and filing extra-provincial and territorial registrations, amendments and annual returns on behalf of corporations, partnerships and limited partnerships as required by the various provinces and territories.
· Preparing and filing annual returns, Forms 1 and 2 as required by the Corporations Information Act (Ontario).
· Providing assistance during and/or subsequent to completion of a transaction, as may be required.
· Reviewing, analyzing and summarizing basic/complex minute books and corporate records and recommend a course of action to rectify any deficiencies and draft necessary documentation.
· Conducting preliminary searches for name availability, obtain NUANS, document list, corporate profile report and determine the currency of information.
· Obtaining Certificates of Status/Compliance.
· Filing, dockets and relevant accounting procedures.
· Performing a variety of legal and administrative duties while assisting lawyers with assigned matters.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
· 7+ years of experience as a Law Clerk, preferably in Securities.
· Law Clerk Diploma or Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate, with a membership in good standing.
· Previous experience preparing and completing NRD, SEDAR and SEDI filings.
· Service-oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Thorough knowledge, understanding and ability to apply working knowledge of the relevant corporate statutes and securities legislation.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Detail-oriented, hard-working, and self-motivated.
· Professional demeanor as well as the ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
· Flexibility to work outside regular business hours when required and/or necessary.
· Ability to work remotely after hours as required.
· Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Sedar, Sedi CorpLink, Cyberbahn and Adobe.
How to Apply:
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager– Executive Search at email@example.com