Condo Law Clerk
Condo Law Clerk
Our Client, an innovative firm in the GTA, is seeking a Condominium Law Clerk to work with a fun and friendly team of professionals. If you’re looking for a job to advance your legal real estate skills with a firm that values you and provides opportunities for growth then you’ve found the right position! Take your harding-working attitude, experience, and confidence and apply for a firm that roots for your success. Benefits, perks, and competitive salary – don’t miss your chance!
- Creating a database for each condominium project.
- Coordinating with clients for instructions and responding to various amendment requests to condominium agreements of purchase and sale.
- Opening unit sales records and general filings for the responsible projects.
- General communication and correspondence with purchasers’ solicitors.
- Preparing various occupancy extension notices for clients.
- Reviewing terms of agreement of purchase and sale and prepare occupancy and final closing memos.
- Preparing occupancy and final closing documents, attending to closing issues and communicating with the responsible lawyers for legal advice and input.
- Preparing electronic documents and conducting title searches.
- Preparing default notices, if applicable.
- Releasing sale proceeds to client after closings.
- Attending to post-registration matters including closing reports to Tarion Warranty Corporation, and obtaining and registering partial discharges of mortgages.
- Preparing and organizing turnover documents.
- Preparing closing reports and accounts to client.
- Other duties as required.
- Law clerk certification from a recognized program
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a Condominium Real Estate Law practice.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a strong team player.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior knowledge of commercial real estate software (Teraview, Lawyer Done Deal, etc.) and proficiency in the MS Office environment.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org