Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Our Client an innovative and reliable law firm is on the market to hire. If you are looking for a great space to learn and grow, a firm that supports professional development and offers stability, look no further! This firm is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Accounts Payable Clerk to work on all phases of payable enquiries. Hybrid remote work – with only three days in office – great benefits, caring employer and team…you can have it all! Apply now.
- Review all vendor invoices and post to assigned general ledgers.
- Reconcile all firm credit card transactions.
- Liaise with vendors and deal with all payment inquiries.
- Analyse payable listing to determine aged invoices required for payment.
- Process invoices for payment through EFT where required.
- Process all Expense reports, credit card payments and reimbursement to client accounts.
- Process all law firm and management company expenses through payroll.
- Daily cheques for both trust and general.
- Review vendor invoices/payment requisitions, ensuring appropriate authorization, correct coding including HST.
- Responsible for void cheques/stop payments.
- Upload all courier and photocopies charges and reconciliation of same.
- Ensure cell phone accounts reconciliation and follow up of payments.
- Stale dated general and trust cheque follow up.
- Courier and Postage allocated expense to clients.
- Posting of all membership expenses and maintain record.
- Deactivate of all closed files in the firm’s accounting system.
- Provide assistance and backup support to others as required in the Accounting Department.
- Monitor incoming inquires and ensuring all inquiries are addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Become the owner of all Accounts Payable responsibilities.
- Other special projects as required
- Minimum 3 years Accounts Payable experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Must have working knowledge of general accounting procedures and guidelines.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software for law firms.
- Experience with ProLaw is considered an asset.
- Demonstrates discretion, sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with confidential matters.
- Proven organizational, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Flexible and dependable with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Professional and team-oriented with strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, please forward your resume to: Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search at firstname.lastname@example.org