Plaintiff Personal Injury Assistant / Clerk (4309) Full Time
Plaintiff Personal Injury Assistant / Clerk
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Our client, a busy and growing Mississauga law firm is currently looking for a plaintiff personal injury assistant / clerk. This opportunity would be suitable for someone with at least 3 years of strong plaintiff Tort experience. For all you legal assistants who are ready to take on more responsibilities and transition into a clerk role, this is the perfect chance. Apply now!
Salary: Up to $55K
- Law Clerk diploma from a recognized community college or an Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario certificate (preferred but not necessary)
- 3+ years experience in Personal Injury Tort
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions
- Positive and team player disposition.
- Managing files through the legal process including organizing initial intake documents, preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings and co-ordinating appointments
- Requesting medical, employment and other records
- Preparing pleadings, file summaries, affidavit of documents, mediation and pre-trial memos, motions, settlement and trial briefs
- Scheduling examinations for discovery and arranging document production and undertakings follow-up
- Corresponding with defence counsel
- Arranging medical legal examinations, hearings and court proceedings as required
- Trial Preparation including preparing summons to witness, Notice of Intent and document briefs
How to Apply:To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com.