Legal Assistant- Intellectual Property (PATENTS) (3936) Full Time
Our renowned client is on the hunt for a fresh
face to join their team! They are seeking a Legal Assistant to assist a busy
Patent Agent/Partner. The ideal candidate will have the benefit of
working for the top professionals in the legal world! Make sure to bring those
3 years of experience, multitasking and prioritization skills and we will do
the rest. This firm has a great morale, stunning offices, great environment and
an opportunity to expand your skills. Apply today in confidence!
Primary Duties Include:
- Manage the daily operation, administration and organization of a busy Patent Agent/Partner
- Reviewing, processing, and filing new trademark applications
- Monitoring patent due dates and following up accordingly
- Preparing forms and application filing for National and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation with respect to client correspondence
- Ordering trademark searches and file histories
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients.
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as an Intellectual Property Assistant, preferably in the patent area
- Successful completion of a Post-Secondary education in related discipline
- Strong knowledge of Trademarks and Trademark Prosecution
- Strong technical skills using MS Office programs, proficient in PATTSY is an asset
- Organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail
- Ability to take the initiative, prioritize and multitask