Real Estate Law Clerk - Mississauga (4484) Full Time
- Bachelor's Degree or Law Clerk Degree
- 7 to 10 years in Commercial RE Law
- Independently able to handle all aspects of a commercial real estate transaction from beginning to end
- Flexible, multitasker, detail oriented, dynamic / agile
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist all lawyers in the firm with any type of Teraview registration and/or searches (i.e. estate, family, litigation practice).
- Perform PPSA searches, Corporate Searches, Title searches, Off-Title Searches, interpret the results of same and complete checklists for review by the responsible lawyer.
- Prepare Teraview documents
- Prepare closing agendas and documentation require to facilitate transaction
- Offer support to lawyers and junior clerks with complex title issues.
- Offer support to lawyers and junior clerks with drafting/redrafting of complex documents and agreements.
- Coordinate with accounting department to ensure smooth closing of transaction
- Update legal assistant with any changes required to Closing List in a timely manner for all files under your supervision.* Daily and accurate billing on all matters.
- Completion of bank reports and client reports within ten (10) days of closing a transaction.
- Schedule appointments for boardroom with reception and with clients for all files under your supervision.
- Create templates from time to time
- Bill at least 1000 hours per year of practice.
- Other duties as assigned by any of the lawyers in the RE group