Work with a company that
- Strives to keep its employees happy.
- Inspires you to be the best at what you do.
- Gives you the platform to grow professionally and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Provides you with incredible perks and benefits such as annual salary increments, bonuses and so on!
The incumbent is responsible for including reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
As a Senior Accountant, your responsibilities include:
- Monthly bookkeeping – Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts
- Managing transactions.
- Bank Reconciliations, Bank Statement Management, Cheque runs, and Deposits
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting
- Assist in preparation of financial statements according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Liaise with our senior management to improve financial procedures
- Prepare corporate tax returns
- GST/HST filings as required (majority NIL filings).
- Trust reporting and reconciliations
- Investment continuity reports
- What you’ll bring:
- Proven tax accounting experience
- Trust accounting experience an asset
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is an asset
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Familiarity with preparing basic corporate tax returns
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like Microsoft GP and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- A career you’ll appreciate that will put you comfortably above the average median income with a salary of up to 95K.
- The chance to work in a supportive and friendly work environment.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search