Patent Legal Assistant
Patent Legal Assistant
Do you want to work at a firm that provides stability, flexibility, and growth? Then you won’t want to skip on this opportunity! Our Client, a large and highly regarded IP firm, is seeking a highly organized and friendly Patent Legal Assistant to join their team of legal professionals. This position will require you to provide assistance with overflow work assigned by professionals, assistants and clerks, giving you a dynamic working experience. This allows for professional development in a firm that has a friendly and supportive company culture, rooting for your success! Competitive salary, benefits and perks, work-at-home days are offered too. Apply now!
- Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate or equivalent experience is required;
- 1 -2 years experience as a legal assistant is required; Patent experience an asset;
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong team player who demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Provides support to a group of Professionals and Staff in the Patent Group which includes covering legal assistant vacations and/or extended absences;
- Attending to online and paper filing and prosecution of Canadian and U.S. patent applications;
- Preparing and filing U.S. Information Disclosure Statements, which are reviewed by the professional prior to submission;
- Drafting and preparing routine correspondence for professional approval/signature using precedents;
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos, and correspondence from dictation;
- Preparing and amending figures using Visio for professional approval;
- Proofreading and revising documents to correct spelling/typographical errors, grammatical errors and formatting issues;
- Using document comparison software (Workshare) to compare documents;
- Formatting and comparing documents using word and other software tools.
- Monitoring department due dates and email accounts;
- Participating in large file-opening/transfer/closing projects and other ad-hoc projects as necessary;
- Other administrative duties as assigned by professionals, assistants and/or clerks.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com