Litigation Legal Assistant
Our Client, a top-tier boutique law firm is seeking a hard-working Litigation Legal Assistant to be part of their Toronto office. Focused in commercial property law, this firm is looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a law firm setting. In turn, the firm offers opportunities for advancement and learning, allowing you to develop skills for life-long success, and comprehensive benefits and perks. This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to make a change to advance your career. Apply now!
- Preparing standard litigation proceedings, drafts of pleadings, orders, and other court documents.
- Preparing, compiling, serving, and filing court documents.
- Collating and binding briefs.
- Carrying out correspondence and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting in the scheduling of examinations for discovery.
- Handling certain invoicing procedures, entering data in multiple systems for billing and/or time entries.
- Practice management, including appointment scheduling and arranging conference calls.
- Digital and physical file management and keeping clerks/lawyers apprised of matters.
- Perform other duties as required to achieve firm objectives.
- Fluent written and spoken English, strong communication skills.
- Post-secondary education – a Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate is an asset.
- 2+ years of relevant law firm experience.
- Experience in construction law is preferred.
- Familiarity with various legal documents including agreements, leases, letters, etc.
- Experience with O365 applications, Workshare, and PC Law
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Highly motivated, organized, resourceful, and diplomatic problem solver.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills and time management.
- Committed to contributing to a strong team culture with a positive attitude.
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com