Litigation Law Clerk
Litigation Law Clerk
We have an opportunity for you to work with one of Toronto’s esteemed litigation firms, and you won’t want to miss it! Our Client is looking for someone who has stellar technical skills, a friendly personality, and is hard-working. The firm deals with interesting cases, keeping you on your toes and never bored. In addition to a supportive and friendly team behind you, you won’t want to work anywhere else. As a Litigation Law Clerk you will be responsible for providing support to lawyers on legal files, conducting documentation processes, litigation related searches, and other general duties. Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and other perks offered. Apply now!
- Provide legal support to our team of lawyers on litigation files from many different legal areas and industries.
- Coordinating document discovery processes
- Compiling productions
- Preparing documents for discovery, motions, pre-trial and trial
- Manage undertakings
- Summarizing and analyzing transcripts
- Enforcing judgments
- Preparing cost submissions
- Litigation related searches
- Attending and supporting hearings
- Assisting our Legal Project Managers with tracking tasks and ensuring the file remains organized.
- Undergraduate degree along with a Law Clerk/Paralegal diploma is required.
- 4+ years’ experience working as a Litigation Law Clerk, with specific experience working on both Intellectual Property Litigation (including copyright, trademark, and patents) matters and Commercial Litigation matters.
- In-depth knowledge of and understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Court Rules and experience with both Federal Court and Ontario Court processes.
- Experience with electronic hearings, PM (NOC) Regulations, PM (NOC) proceedings, CIPO, USPTO and EPO databases is an asset.
- Skilled at managing the receipt, maintenance, and use of evidence including voluminous data in eDiscovery.
- Knowledge of software that can assist in document discovery such Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and industry standard litigation support software such as Relativity.
- Understanding of software used for hearings in Ontario such as Caselines and in the Federal Court such as the E-Trial Toolkit.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager –Law Clerk Division at email@example.com