If you are ready to make a career change and take a leap towards a fulfilling future where you can help find the best legal solutions suited to client needs, a new opportunity awaits you!
Our client, a prominent law firm, is recruiting for a licensed immigration consultant. The role requires an individual with experience in Canadian immigration affairs and labour market impact assessment. The incumbent will also demonstrate the ability to manage initial phase of client retention process.
As an Immigration Consultant, your responsibilities include:
- Advising clients on their application requirements, processes, and the relevant laws applicable to their specific situations.
- Plan and prepare submissions for immigration applications including but not restricted to Work Permit, Temporary Residence, Permanent Residence, Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship.
- Help clients to prepare for IRCC/CBSA interviews.
- Follow up proactively with Immigration offices about the status and the details of the case, by email, phone, or fax.
- Provide guideline to Project Director/ Investment Director in business proposal preparation.
- Communicate with clients to gather information and synthesize the documents.
- Preparing engagement letters for client signatures.
- Collecting case-specific information and documentation from the clients.
- Keeping detailed notes of the consultation findings and pathways recommended.
- Reviewing and assessing documentation to determine applicants’ eligibility and identify any deficiencies.
- Keeping up to date with changes to laws, regulations, manuals, policies, procedures and processes, and communicating those to clients.
- Maintaining and overseeing all communication with clients, while appropriately managing client expectations – client communications to be responded to within 24-48 hours.
- Analyzing facts and laws to advise on the most suitable application and process.
- Upholding ethical standards and compliance standards.
What you’ll bring
- Valid License with the RCIC in good standing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of managing a high volume of Canadian immigration cases – both Permanent and Temporary.
- Experience in overseeing and providing guidance to a legal team on a daily basis.
- Ability to listen, empathize, build rapport and connect with prospective clients, as well as the ability to set and manage client expectations through effective and timely communications, thus ensuring the highest quality of customer service and professional services.
- Ability to think constructively and outside the box to provide prospective clients with all possible options for their specific situation.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you will enjoy:
- A salary of up to 85k (based on experience)!
- A supportive work environment that will celebrate your milestones
- Team building and wellness programs
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search