Human Resource Advisor
Human Resource Advisor
Its time for you to step into the leadership role you’ve been wanting with this amazing opportunity! Our Client, a distinguished and well-known law firm, is seeking a Human Resource Advisor to join their office.The firm offers a great working environment, allowing you to feel comfortable to do your best work and just be you! As a Human Resources Advisor you will provide guidance and support to the firm’s Human Resources Department. The ideal candidate is an individual who is organized, motivated, and confident – if this sounds like you then apply now! Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package offered.
- Provides guidance in the maintenance, administration and communication of policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Applies knowledge and experience in interpreting HR policies, procedures, benefits and payroll, and provides counsel to firm members on application of firm policies in accordance with employment legislation.
- Facilitates, coaches and counsels key stakeholders on performance management, including developing action plans, progressive disciplinary strategies and terminations.
- Leads HR processes and projects within specified timelines and budgets, resulting in identifying best practices and operational process improvements.
- Proactively responds to employee relations issues by identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Leads recruitment initiatives by implementing effective recruiting and hiring practices to attract and retain top talent and meet resourcing needs.
- Assists in the management of the full cycle of various employee programs such as new employee orientation, wellness clinics, training, etc.
- Prepares and analyzes reports to identify trends and implement solutions.
- Participates on committees (i.e. EDI, Health & Safety).
- Acts as a back-up to other HR team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma or University Degree in Human Resources Management
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Human Resources position, preferably in a professional services environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Human Resources Management policies, best practices and employment legislation
- Solid track record of building relationships, gaining deep industry knowledge and providing pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills and is comfortable facilitating groups, and coaching individuals
- Experience working closely with internal clients on complex/sensitive issues and demonstrates discretion and ability to handle confidential and private information appropriately
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, iManage, Excel
- Experience with HRIS is an asset
- COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting its Canadian offices effective September 27, 2021. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
To apply, please forward your resume to: Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search at firstname.lastname@example.org