ABOUT THE JOB
Leave your old self behind this new year and work for a company which prioritizes your success, gives you ample opportunities to grow while learning and gain skills that will help you become an expert in your field.
Our client, one of Canada’s renowned business law firms, is seeking an experienced and dedicated document specialist to join their document production team. The incumbent is responsible for dealing with correspondence, documents, and assisting lawyers, law clerks and other professionals as required. The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work under minimal supervision or in a team.
If this sounds like you, seize the chance and APPLY NOW!
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and preparing correspondence for professionals using precedents.
- Correcting/Formatting corrupted documents
- Troubleshooting technical issues with documents.
- Revising documents as per professionals’ mark-ups.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Converting documents from various versions to Word using styles and cross-references.
- Scanning closing book documents to PDF and creating electronic version.
- Printing and sorting documents.
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Providing support to lawyers, articling students, law clerks and staff as required and requested
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years as a legal assistant/document specialist in a similar environment.
- Proficient in MS Office 365.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Professional, iPro, FileMaker Pro, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as above average attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to work well with all types of personalities and levels of responsibility.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
How to Apply:firstname.lastname@example.orgTo apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager – Legal Support at