Trust Accounting Clerk
Are you great at numbers? Want to gain experience at one of the top law firms in Toronto? Look no further! Our Client, a large and renowned firm is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join their Trust Accounting department. This experience will allow you to obtain new skills and work in a challenging, yet motivating environment, preparing you for the rest of your career! As an Accounting Clerk you will be required to monitor the firm’s trust accounts, open and set up trust accounts, assist with billing, and other various duties. Working at this firm will set you up for a future of success – so don’t miss your opportunity. Apply now!
- Monitoring Firm’s trust accounts and posting trust receipts promptly and accurately
- Processing trust wires ensuring proper documentation and approvals
- Preparing trust cheques on request and obtaining signatures
- Opening/setting up trust accounts for new matters
- Processing trust transfers and posting to the GL
- Understanding the relationships between bank account and the corresponding General Ledger accounts
- Purchasing /redeeming investments
- Calculating and posting interests to trust accounts
- Assisting with account and credit card reconciliations
- Assisting with billing at month end
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary courses in accounting with approximately 3 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of LSO Trust Regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with other firm members, with the aptitude to take care of internal clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, under tight timelines
- Ability to handle stress in a business-like manner
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computer software programs including MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), and working knowledge of Elite Enterprise and Elite Webview
- Above average computer literacy.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search