A/B Law Clerk
A/B Law Clerk
Our Client, a reputable litigation firm, is made up of a team of welcoming and friendly legal professionals, and are seeking someone with the same qualities to join them as an Accidents and Benefits Law Clerk. In this position, you will be responsible for preparing medical and litigation summaries, drafting LAT material, assisting with LAT arbitration and trial, and other relative duties. This busy firm will give you the opportunity to perfect your skills, advancing your professional growth in a supportive environment. Benefits, perks, and vacations are also offered – don’t miss out! Apply now.
- Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized Community College or an Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate;
- Solid understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure and court practice and procedures at various levels;
- Solid typing and computer skills: proficiency in a suite of applications including but not limited to: MS Word; MS Outlook, Windows;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, including spelling and grammar.
- An ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient;
- Exceptional planning and organization skills, ability to plan, coordinate and monitor a significant number of simultaneous tasks in an environment of shifting priorities;
- The ability to work independently, prioritize, adjust to changing priorities, and successfully complete numerous short and long-term assignments simultaneously in a team environment;
- The ability to deal effectively with all levels of management, while being a team player.
- briefing file material;
- communicating with parties to obtain productions;
- preparation of medical and litigation summaries;
- assisting with preparations for examinations for discovery;
- drafting mediation and settlement conference briefs;
- drafting LAT materials;
- assisting with preparation of client seminar materials;
- assisting with LAT arbitrations and trials.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager –Law Clerk Division at email@example.com