Law Clerk- Corporate (2790) Full Time
One of the most talked-about firms is looking for a Law Clerk that is professional, experienced and well-versed in corporate law. This downtown Toronto full service law firm needs a clerk with 5+ years of experience to join their busy corporate team. You must be a team player! If you love what you do and are committed to excellence, this could be the right fit for you! This position will be very fast paced and client driven, so your organization and communication skills must be top notch. Knowledge of CyberBahn is an asset, while experience with PPSA searches, PC Law and Microsoft Suit is a MUST! Bring us your years of experience and we will take you to your dream job! Beautiful offices, competitive salary, generous benefits and vacations honoured! You can’t go wrong with this one! Apply now!
Salary: Up to $65K
Primary Duties Include
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence and legal documents
- Ordering and organizing corporate and transaction searches and filings
- Assist with corporate closings, dictation, minutes, incorporations, amalgamations, knowledge of Ontario and federal guidelines, extra provincial registrations, searches using CyberBahn, PPSA searches and registrations etc.
- Maintaining daily contact with clients and public officials
- Provide expertise in charitable organizations
- Training and mentoring staff
- Other clerk functions including service and filing documents, enforcement of judgments, searches, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate law experience
- Law Clerk/ILCO Certification
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment to assist lawyers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- CyberBahn is an asset along with strong technical skills