Labour & Employment Litigation Legal Assistant – Ottawa
Labour & Employment Litigation Legal Assistant
Our Client is one of the best firms in Canada – and they want you to join them! This busy and well-recognized law firm is seeking a Labour and Employment Litigation Legal Assistant with a minimum of three years’ experience for their Ottawa office – if you have what it takes then this amazing opportunity could be yours! Friendly staff, supportive management, competitive salary and benefits, this firm has it all! Apply now before it’s too late.
Salary: Up to $75K
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline. Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma is preferred
- 3–4 years of recent labour/employment law experience and be familiar with the current Rules of Civil Procedures
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, ability to work with Document Management Systems, InterAction (Client Relation Data Base) and ACL
- Must have excellent attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, client service and time management skills
- Drafting pleadings and preparing motion records, book of authorities and affidavits of service, arranging for filing of court documents and booking examinations for discovery Entering, updating and generating documents in ACL
- Providing legal administrative support to lawyers by drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence and various transactional documents and forms
- Maintaining lawyer’s dockets and coordination with the accounting department for billings
- Liaising with courts and tribunals
- Maintaining lawyer’s emails and calendars—scheduling appointments including coordination of Zoom/Teams meetings and setting up the conference calls
- Maintaining and organizing physical and electronic files
- Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports
- Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and providing coverage for the absences of your colleagues.
- Ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality with respect to client’s information
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants, and on request, will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process. We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.