Insurance Defence Legal Assistant Tort A/B- Hybrid Remote
Insurance Defence Legal Assistant Tort A/B
Our Client, one of Ontario’s top regional law firms, is currently in the market for an Insurance Defence Legal Assistant. This job will help enhance your legal skills and assist you in becoming the best at what you do.The role calls for a junior to intermediate candidate with experience in A/B and Tort and a willingness to learn. With the firm offering great benefits, a connected company culture, and other great perks, you’ll want to apply before it’s too late!
Salary: Up to $68K
- Managing projects starting from the opening of files to closing their closing.
- Dealing with authorizations, undertakings, discoveries and productions
- Drafting correspondence
- Notices of examination, statements of claim
- Reviewing medical documentation
- Trial preparation
- Interviewing witnesses and medical experts
- Maintaining daily contact with clients
- Other general duties as required
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience in the area of A/B and Tort;
- Experience managing a busy litigation practice;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Being flexible, time conscious, deadline-oriented and be able to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- Resourceful, including good problem-solving skills;
- A professional individual who works well under pressure;
- Solid client service approach;
- Function easily in a customized MS Word and DMS environment; and
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision, but appreciate the benefits of being part of a team.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org