Events Management Specialist
Events Management Specialist
Our Client, a national, industry titan in litigation, is seeking a motivated individual to join their firm as an Events Management Specialist. The position is perfect for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and highly organized – so if this sounds like you then keep reading. The firm is known to take care of their employees, and has a warm and supportive environment, allowing your ideas to be heard and valued. This is a great opportunity to push your leadership skills forward, so take charge and push your career forward. Apply now! Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Responsible for the operational planning, coordination, and implementation of all internal and external events.
- Manage the intake of event requests and develop service standards and processes for ensuring key stakeholders are liaised with and updated regularly.
- Manage relationships with external event vendors, while ensuring the right vendors are in place to meet firm needs.
- Provide post-event debrief and analysis report when required.
- Oversee event budget setting and provide real-time spend analysis to key stakeholders.
- Manage all catering requests for events/meetings for groups of 15+
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with caterers and preferred vendors (including service support) to meet the firm’s needs for various catering requests.
- Responsible for ensuring the firm is equipped with the necessary inventory to provide service for events, such as specific beverages, catering and serving dishes and utensils, linens etc.
- May be required to perform set-up and clean-up when required
- Responsible for liaising between the firm and our travel vendor or subcontracted event consultant for all firm events.
- Maintain accurate travel detail by event.
- Point of contact in support of all corporate travels and their support teams to ensure travel requests are being processed properly and our stakeholders are satisfied.
- Retrieve and monitor travel data/metrics for events when required through Finance.
- Liaise directly with travel vendor, or subcontracted event consultant, to arrange travel when event requires it, such as scheduling flights, ground transportation, accommodations, and other event-related tasks
- Oversee the firm’s social committee; assist with facilitating the firm’s yearly campaigns and initiatives.
- Organize office set-up during holidays and special occasions.
- Facilitate the process of quarterly budget and spend analysis.
- Implement a monitoring and tracking process to ensure financials can be reported on quarterly.
- Additional office services duties when requested.
- High school diploma and post-secondary education in event planning, hospitality or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in events in a professional services environment will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Display strong organizational skills including a project management approach to event coordination and management;
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing project management concepts and documentation will be useful.
- Must be proactive, able to take initiative and anticipate needs, and problem solve.
- Display strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to handle time-sensitive tasks and materials and deal with them accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and be opened to accommodating various schedules and deadlines.
- Display an excellent understanding of and ability to demonstrate high customer service standards.
- Demonstrate a friendly and cooperative attitude while maintaining a high level of collaboration.
- Negotiation and budgeting.
- Must have experience and be comfortable operating a computer and should be proficient with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and file sharing applications.
To apply, please forward your resume to: Zaheeda Merali Manager – Executive Search at email@example.com