Corporate Securities Law Clerk
Corporate Securities Law Clerk
Our Client, a busy, well-known law firm is seeking a friendly and hard-working individual to join their team as a Corporate Securities Law Clerk. The firm serves both national and international clients, which provides you the opportunity to handle interesting cases and expand your skill base. They have an amazing team of legal professionals who are supportive and kind, allowing you to feel comfortable in your new role. You responsibilities as a Corporate Securities Law Clerk include drafting and preparing legal documentation, client correspondence, and providing effective solutions to any corporate securities matters. Competitive salary, extensive benefits, pension plan, and the chance to work remotely are all part of this already incredible opportunity. Apply now!
Salary: Based on Experience
- Drafting materials for prospectus offerings and brokered and non-brokered private placement financings (together with post-closing filings) as required under NI 41-101, NI 45-106 and TSX, TSXV and CSE policies etc.
- Conducting searches of public company information on SEDAR and EDGAR.
- Drafting continuous disclosure documents (i.e., news releases, material change reports).
- Drafting annual and special meeting materials including proxy materials, scripts, minutes, etc.
- Updating minute book information and maintaining minute book filings for the reporting companies and the private subsidiaries.
- Preparing all stock exchange, SEDAR, SEDI and NRD dealer, advisor and investment fund manager filings.
- Providing assistance in support of all aspects of clients’ securities registrations and NRD filings, including preparing/reviewing and filing new individual and firm applications (and monitoring/managing the regulatory review of same), notices of change and terminations of individual registrations and managing annual filings.
- Preparing and annually maintaining all filings required to support our clients who rely on an international or other exemption from the dealer, adviser or investment fund manager registration requirements.
- Maintaining the Firm’s reminder system regarding annual meetings for our public company clients.
- Liaising with clients, accountants, lawyers and regulators by telephone and in person to take instructions and obtain information, and reporting on status of matters.
- Assisting in the drafting of applications to regulators for exemptive relief.
- Advising on filing fee requirements.
- Self starter, able to work in a remote environment with limited direct supervision.
- Willing to learn and adapt.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Corporate Law Clerk
- Working knowledge of the securities laws, instruments, rules, forms and policies across Canada.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with the Ontario Securities Commission and stock exchanges.
- Knowledge of securities requirements in the US is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, verbally and in writing, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to urgent client requests outside of normal business hours from time to time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail to be able to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at email@example.com