Executive Corporate Legal Assistant (4512) Full Time
Executive Corporate Legal Assistant
Want to move up in your career? Then we have a position with your name on it! Our Client, a large and expanding law firm, is looking for an executive legal assistant to join their Technology group. They are looking for someone who is motivated with stellar technical skills and is looking to grow professionally. With this amazing opportunity you receive amazing benefits, perks, and flexibility to work at home for a couple of days! This position is the total package, so don’t miss this RARE chance! Apply now.
- Legal Assistant Diploma from an accredited institution
- 4+ years of legal corporate experience working within a similar role.
- Must have MSO experience
- Stellar technical skills
- Solid transcription and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and provide exceptional client service
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with ease
- Prepare, edit, format, print, scan and revise correspondence, memoranda, reports, forms, labels and other printed material through dictation, copy typing or other instructions, in accordance with the requirements set by the practice group.
- Coordinate and disperse tasks to be performed by various resource groups
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar and clarity.
- Manage files including: opening new files, maintaining large and complex files, developing, maintaining and utilizing an orderly filing and retrieval system to ensure ease of reference to historical paper or electronic records, organizing law and precedent files.
- Work with Records Management and Administrative Clerks to create, maintain and store client files as appropriate.
- Manage key dates
- Coordinate lawyer travel arrangements, including preparing itineraries and travel expense reports.
- Updating contact names and addresses in the client database on a regular basis.
- Coordinate client meetings, including scheduling rooms and arranging for needed catering or audio-visual equipment.
- Review and route incoming mail and fax communications; preparing and processing outgoing mail and faxes; and arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required.
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by lawyers; responding to routine inquiries and requests from clients; and taking messages as required.
- Assist with the preparation and finalization of time entry on a daily basis according to firm standards in preparation for Billing Assistant to process.
- Work with Finance to coordinate new Client and Matter openings (KYC);
- Coordinate activities with functional area staff (Office Services, Marketing, etc.), as needed.
- Provide consistent backup support when assistants are absent; providing support to assistants who may be managing multiple tasks and/or difficult deadlines; and working proactively as a positive and productive member of the team.