Medical Malpractice Legal Assistant (4511) Full Time
Unbeatable benefits. Flexibility. Incredible team. This firm has it all and more! Our Client is looking for a passionate and outgoing individual like you to join their Medical Malpractice Defence group. Supporting innovation and success through a collaborative work environment, this firm will give you the professional growth you’re looking for. Apply now before it's too late!
Salary: up to 65K
- Legal Assistant Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience as a legal assistant.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to follow-up on files and delays with minimal supervision.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime.
- Prepare, edit, format, print, scan and revise correspondence, memoranda, litigation documents, reports, forms, labels and other printed material through dictation, copy typing or other instructions, in accordance with the requirements set by the practice group.
- Coordinate and disperse tasks to be performed by various resource groups s
- Manage files including: open new files, maintain large and complex files, develop, maintain and utilize an orderly filing and retrieval system to ensure ease of reference to historical paper or electronic records, organizing law and precedent files.
- Work with Records Management and Administrative Clerks to create, maintain and store client files as appropriate.
- Manage key dates
- Coordinate lawyer travel arrangements, including preparing itineraries and travel expense reports.
- Update contact names and addresses in the client database on a regular basis.
- Coordinate client meetings, including scheduling rooms and arranging for needed catering or audio-visual equipment.
- Review and route incoming mail and fax communications; prepare and process outgoing mail and faxes; and arrange for specialized mail or messenger services as required.
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by lawyers; respond to routine inquiries and requests from clients; and take messages as required.
- Assist with the preparation and finalization of time entry on a daily basis according to firm standards in preparation for Billing Assistant to process.
- Work with Finance to coordinate new Client and Matter openings (KYC);
- Coordinate activities with functional area staff (Office Services, Marketing, etc.), as needed.
- Provide consistent backup support when assistants are absent; provide support to assistants who may be managing multiple tasks and/or difficult deadlines;