Corporate/Debt Products - Legal Assistant/Jr.Law Clerk (4459) Full Time
Corporate/Debt Products - Legal Assistant/Jr.Law Clerk
Are you looking to step up game? Then we have a great opportunity for you! Our Client is looking for a Corporate/Debt Products Legal Assistant/Jr. Law Clerk to aid the legal professionals in their debt products division. This position will provide you with the opportunity to challenge yourself and expand your professional expertise. Included with a competitive salary and benefits package this offer won’t last long - apply now before it’s too late!
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma (or equivalent)
- Corporate/Business law experience is required.
- Recent professional services administrative experience.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid problem solving skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PCLaw, Elite 3E, OnePlace, iManage, and Workshare
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Provide debt products and corporate clerk services and support
- Use Closing Folders software to manage the status of each transaction, including setting up the matter, tracking the delivery of documents, and updating the closing agenda
- Order, coordinate and summarize initial and closing security searches; determine which additional searches are required; track what searches have been delivered
- Draft and file financing statements under the Personal Property Security Act (Ontario and other Provinces)
- Prepare signature page packages, arrange for execution of documents, and confirm that all documents have been executed correctly
- Liaise with third parties to obtain estoppel letters, signatures, etc.
- Assist team with closing transactions.
- Assemble closing books and e-books.
- Co-operate with the team to assist with overflow, urgent deadlines, or back-up coverage
- Other special projects and tasks, as assigned
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org