Corporate Law Clerk (4411) Full Time
Corporate Law Clerk
Our Client, a mid-sized and growing law firm, is seeking an outgoing and hard-working Corporate Law Clerk to join their legal team. As a full-service firm, you are sure to work with a dynamic group of people, who are known to be welcoming and caring. With an amazing team, benefits and a competitive salary you will want to snatch this opportunity before it’s too late! Apply now.
- Draft and review corporate documents as they relate to incorporations/organization of corporations, amalgamations, revivals, amendments, dissolutions, continuances, officer certificates, notarial certificates, officer certificates, annual resolutions, etc.
- Review of accountant or lawyer planning memos with respect to tax related corporate reorganizations, preparation of document checklist and draft documentation to effect proposed plan
- Review of purchase agreements and preparation of closing agenda and appropriate closing documentation required to complete share and asset purchase and transactions, and corporate finance transactions
- Review of corporate minute books, preparing a summary of deficiencies and documentation to rectify deficiencies
- Conduct corporate searches and analyze/summarize search results.
- Law Clerk Diploma from accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience working within the Corporate Department in a law firm
- Extensive transactional experience
- Knowledge of corporate statutes and regulations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, following instructions with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work within time sensitive deadlines and manage multiple
- Experience using OnCorp and Cyberbahn
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Calendar)
- Experience using a document management system and corporate database
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills