Employment/Labour/Civil Litigation Legal Assistant - York Region (4269) Full Time
Employment/Labour/Civil Litigation Legal Assistant - York Region
We are seeking an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant who will help meet the needs of our clients growing client-base. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with and possess knowledge of civil litigation; and have excellent organizational and communication skills. This position is working for a congenial lawyer who treats his assistant like gold! Apply today! This one won't last!
Salary: Up to 65k
- Revising and drafting pleadings, correspondence and filing documentation with administrative Boards and Tribunals, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Ontario Labour Relations Board, and civil courts.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, conference calls, and court, Tribunal and/or Board appearances.
- Managing deadlines.
- Opening, maintaining, organizing, and closing files in a timely manner.
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence.
- Docketing time.
- Managing assigned lawyers’ calendars and task lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma, Law Clerk Diploma, and/or equivalent demonstrated expertise coupled with a minimum of three (3) years of Litigation.
- Proficiency with the Rules of Civil Procedure and other relevant Board and/or Tribunal processes and procedures, including those of the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients and other professionals.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and secure confidential information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft SharePoint and docketing software, including PC Law/CLIO.
- Experience working with a document management system within a law firm environment.
- Solid work ethic, demonstrated initiative and a genuine interest in and passion for law.
- Self-motivated, cooperative, and enthusiastic individual.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task.
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com.