Junior Legal Assistant (4241) Full Time
Primary Duties Include:
- Digital dictation, docket entry, preparation of accounts, opening files/closing files, organizing and maintaining files
- Preparation and editing of correspondence and legal documents
- Review documentation and claims from new files
- Providing consistent backup support when assistants are absent, managing multiple tasks and working proactively as a positive and productive member of the team
- Greeting and screening clients,
- Receiving and relaying telephone messages and notes.
- Other duties as required
- Recently completed a field placement in a law firm.
- Successful completion of either the Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures
- Strong technical skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Detail oriented with good proofreading, multi-tasking skills, strong organizational and time management skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, work well independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision.
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager – Legal Support at email@example.com